Saturday, November 7, 2009

A gamble is a calculated risk

Here are my comments re Horace's blog article "Dream kitchen almost comes true" in which he mentioned abt paying $5000 membership fee to get a deal from his local Direct Buy.

" ... No I do not have any concrete evidence for or against. I would assume Market Place had the resources to do the necessary research and come up with the report. I also checked up Wikipedia (some of its articles have been known to be biased and written by authours with alternate motives) which suggests Ottawa’s Direct Buy was good for blinds and shades. I don’t think I will pay $5000 membership fee to buy that. I would suggest that the integrity of the local franchise is a key factor in your decision and you should contact the local Better Business Bureau to verify. In principle, I never like pressure sales and don’t like to entertain “deals”, esp when the dealer makes the rules and controls most of the cards. Bottom line: A gamble is a calculated risk."

No comments: