Friday, October 1, 2010

Writing Chinese: Wordy's "語文隨談" Series

The following are my comments posted this evening at 2weeks1gather under "九月號成員專訪: Wordy":

Haricot 十月 2, 2010 01:26 .....

I think Wordy is one of the Jedi knights of Chinese language on the Net. Not only is he a good writer, he is also a tireless teacher, providing many excellent tips on the proper use of Chinese in everyday writing. I especially enjoy his series of 30 articles under the tags 花言巧語, 語文隨談.. For example: In article #13, Wordy points out:

".... 「那」主要作指示代名詞,「哪」在近代漢語只是一個語氣助語,到現代漢語則多了一個用法──疑問代詞。..."

I must confess I never knew the difference !!!

As well, I enjoyed the 「周日名采」Sunday Brunch series, of which he is a core contributor. Even though I have made only four submissions so far (【驀然回首】, 【遺憾何價?】, 「假如有投胎」之【靈光】, 【小王子与老郭】), I thoroughly enjoyed writing everyone of those articles.

Anyway, hats off to Wordy !!

No comments: