Sunday, August 16, 2009

Back to the City

At almost 16h30, I managed to swim (with goggles and flippers) across the lily pond to the north end of the island where the open water was much cooler than that on the bay-side. There were schools of big fish in deeper water and lots of little sun fish in the weeds. At one point, I came face to face with a line-up of four or five palm-size ones, wondering who this lake creature was swimming thru their lily-pad neighbourhood. I did not make it around the whole island because of the cooler water temp and of my lack of training this summer. Before leaving the cottage, I soaked in the outdoor jacuzzi for abt an hour.

The return trip was stressful for many reasons, one of which being the highway traffic jam. I had to drive thru some back roads to get back to the city.

It was not a good ending to an otherwise relaxed 2 days at the cottage.

No comments: